The Gulf Information Security Expo and Conference (GISEC) is the Middle East’s largest annual ICT event attracting top industry professionals including CIOs, CTOs, CSOs and senior management from key industries including finance, energy, telecoms, government sectors and IT.
A premier line-up of speakers and experts drive the conversation in new and strategic directions with world-leading experts and regional case studies across a range of industries and security themes.
This March I got the chance to attend GISEC 2016, and it was quite an amazing experience for me, I met a lot of experts, learned a lot of new things, and saw a lot of mind-blowing security systems and tools in action. The following list of talks were presented at this year conference (the list is in no particular order):
- Security for the Digital Economy, Adam Philpott, Director, Cisco EMEAR Cyber Security.
- You Are The Currency, Faisal Al Bannai, CEO DarkMatter.
- Building an Optimum Cyber Security Framework for a Connected World, HARSHUL JOSHI – SVP, CYBER GOVERNACE AND REGULATIONS.
- Protecting Passengers and the Aviation Industry from Cyber Attacks, Dr. Jassim Haji Director Information Technology Gulf Air.
- The State of Malware: Past, Present and Future, John Bumgarner, Chief Technology Officer, United States Cyber Consequences Unit.
- National Cyber Security Transformation, Mark Hughes – President, BT Security.
- Using Expert Systems to Detect Advanced Threats, Matt Harrigan | President & CEO PacketSled.
- Defense in Depth Rebooted, Neil Thacker, Information Security & Strategy Officer, EMEA, Forcepoint.
You can access PDF version of those presentations here. Please note presentations are named after presenters, so to find a particular one, search by the presenter name not the presentation name.
I hope you find those presentations interesting, and informative, and maybe they will get some of you motivated to attend the conference next year.